The Bible Presbyterian Church of Marcus Hook meets in the historic St. Martin’s church building. As a local historic landmark, this beautiful old building maintains its classic appearance reflective of the churches of the early 1800s.
From its inception, St. Martin’s was built to reflect William Penn’s desire for true religious tolerance. The original building was built in 1702 and rebuilt two other times — in 1745 and again in 1845.
This 1845 building is the one being used by our congregation today. Only 500 feet from the Delaware River, this building is one of the earliest and last riverfront churches in the state of Pennsylvania.
In 1979 this building was officially designated a Local Historic Landmark. Six years later it became part of an historic renovation effort.
From its establishment, this building has been known for welcoming all who desired to worship God — from Slavic mill workers to English farmers. The Bible Presbyterian Church currently leasing this building continues in this tradition. We welcome all to visit our worship services!
You will quickly see that while we are privileged to worship in such a beautiful, historic building, the emphasis is not on where we worship, but on whom we worship! Join us to praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!